We love this baked mac and cheese recipe from our friend. It’s been one we’ve returned to year-after-year.
WARNING: There’s a lot of cheese
- 1 lb of elbow macaroni
- 2 8 oz bags of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 8 oz bag of Colby jack/Monterey mix
- 1 12 fl oz. can of evaporated milk
- Cook macaroni - a little under done(it will cook in oven).
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C)
- Drain pasta
- Spray 8x8 with cooking spray.
- Layer bottom with half of Mac n cheese.
- Lay one bag of sharp cheddar over this layer.
- Pour in rest of Mac n cheese.
- Take second bag of sharp cheddar and stuff down sides of the pan.
- Take bag of Colby Monterey and pour on top evening out over the top of casserole dish.
- Poke hole in evaporated milk and pour over top of Mac n cheese covering the whole thing with it.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown or brown or however you like your cheese.
- (Optional) Sometimes I broil it at the end end for two minutes if I want a more “burnt” cheese top.
Make sure you put the dish on a baking sheet. Sometimes it bubbles up over and you don’t want that in your oven.
This is a simplified slow cooker chile recipe from an advisor and former-professor of Bekah’s. We’ve made many variations of this but it provides a great base to work from. Ingredients Ground beef (browned) Diced tomatoes Tomato sauce Tomato paste (if want it to be thicker) Red kidney beans (drained...
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This soup from the Half Baked Harvest Super Simple Cookbook felt like a fancy meal to make and it turned out great. I’ve included the slow cooker and stovetop directions here but the cookbook also includes directions for an instant pot as well. Summary Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time:...