This is the Hoesterey family breakfast bake. It’s extra eggy and the green chilies adds a nice mild heat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + 4 hours set time
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 8 slices sour dough bread
- 2 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 1 large can whole green chilies, cut and seeds removed (optional)
- 1 lb sausage
- 6+ eggs
- 2 1/2+ cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Alternate bread, cheese mixed, chilies, sausage, egg, and milk mixture in a 3-quart Glass Baking Dish (or 2 8"x8" dishes)
- ending with a topping of cheeses
- Let set 4 hours or overnight
- Bake at 325 °F (160 °C) for 55 minutes
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
My family loves to eat these Christmas eve. It’s a simple recipe but the key is not over-cooking the scallops. I’m still working out the timing but we like the bacon a little crispier so I recommend doing a thinner cut. Summary Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes...
Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
A tasty recipe modified from the Half Baked Harvest. We’ve toned down the spice and sometimes keep the spices separate to keep things mild for Bekah. See the original recipe for a creamy jalapeno sauce. Summary Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 6 Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds...