Veronica's Spanish Rice
Our friend Veronica taught us her family recipe with us. This flavorful rice is great with tamales! 🫔🍚
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 4 1/2 cups of water (3:1 ratio)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato boullion with chicken flavor (caldo de tomate con sabor de pollo)
- Brown the rice and onion with some oil in a medium saucepan over high heat until the rice is golden
- Add water and boullion to taste and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until all water has been absorbed, about 25 minutes
See how responses are collected...
Respond from another site
Responses are collected from posts on other sites. Have you posted somewhere that links to this page? If so, share the link!
Respond via email
If you'd prefer to message me directly, send an email. If you'd also like your message to be visible on the site I can add it as a comment.
Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Sliders
This recipe is a Hoesterey family favorite. You can see a version of it on the King’s Hawaiian Website since the sweet rolls make the base of this smothered sandwich. We’ve halved the servings, added caramelized onions, and adjusted the seasonings so adjust to your liking. You could also put...
Overnight Mac and Cheese
Bekah’s mom made this recipe from barefoot contessa for thanksgiving in 2021. The unique feature is that the mac and cheese sits overnight so the pasta absorbs more of the cheese flavors. Ingredients 8 ounces elbow macaroni or cavatappi 3 cups heavy cream 2 cups grated Gruyere, divided 1 cup...
- side dish
Comment using Comment Parade
You can also use Comment Parade to create a guest post via Quill.