Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
We made this delicious recipe from Half-Baked Harvest and loved it. The cookies are large so only a couple is enough to be satisfied.
The first time we made these, we had to run to the store to get the right kind of oats but it was worth it. Next time we are planning on adding pecans to the mix and trying making adjustments to get more of the Nutella flavor to come through.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 16 cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 rounded cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- ?? Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to a skillet set over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to brown, about 3-4 minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Let cool 5 minutes or so.
- To the brown butter, mix in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1/4 cup balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Split each dough ball in half, then flatten the halves to make room for the Nutella. Add 1 rounded teaspoon to the center of each cookie, then cover with the top cookie half, enclosing the Nutella. Gently flatten each dough ball down.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rotate the pan. If the cookies stand a little tall you can optionally the baking sheet on the counter 1-2 times to flatten.
- Bake another 4-6 minutes or until the cookies are just beginning to set on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. They will continue to cook slightly as they sit on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, eat warm or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
See how responses are collected...
Respond from another site
Responses are collected from posts on other sites. Have you posted somewhere that links to this page? If so, share the link!
Respond via email
If you'd prefer to message me directly, send an email. If you'd also like your message to be visible on the site I can add it as a comment.
Growing up my mom would bake this on Christmas morning. It’s a simple mix of ingredients if you use frozen dough. Amounts are estimates, adjust to taste. Summary Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8 Ingredients Frozen bread dough loaf (thawed) 1/2 lb ground italian sausage 1...
- family recipe
Comment using Comment Parade
You can also use Comment Parade to create a guest post via Quill.