We had fun with this pizza recipe from the Half Baked Harvest Super Simple Cookbook. The advertized prep time was 15 minutes but it took me much longer to get everything sliced. However we ended up with extra toppings so we made another pizza the next day for lunch.
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ pound No-Knead Bread and Pizza Dough or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ small butternut squash, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (or substitute feta cheese)
- Honey, for drizzling
- Fresh thyme leaves, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the apple butter over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Add the sautéed shallots and the apple slices.
- Layer on the mozzarella and cheddar; then top with the butternut squash, sage and prosciutto.
- Season the pizza with a pinch each of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, and sprinkle the blue cheese (if using) on top.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme to finish. Slice and serve.