Hoesterey family recipe from Bekah’s Noonie. You’ll want a good candy thermometer to avoid burning the whole batch. Doubling the recipe is NOT recommended.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: plenty
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cup Raw Spanish peanuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon soda
- Measure ingredients and prepare buttered baking sheet so everything is ready as soon as the desired temperature is reached.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water & cook to 230°F (110°C). Stir to avoid burning. If the mixture foams, the heat may be too high.
- Add peanuts and cook to 305°F (152°C). Be aware that the temperature may jump rapidly as it nears 300°. If the temperature doesn’t get hot enough, the result will by chewy. Too hot will be extra brittle.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients (butter, vanilla, and baking soda). Stir until mixed.
- Pour on extra large buttered sheet (or two standard baking sheets).
- Using a spatula and spoon, pull or stretch smaller chunks onto other sheets until as thin as desired. As it cools, it will get cool enough to pull by hand
- Let cool, then break into serving size pieces
See how responses are collected...
Respond from another site
Responses are collected from posts on other sites. Have you posted somewhere that links to this page? If so, share the link!
Respond via email
If you'd prefer to message me directly, send an email. If you'd also like your message to be visible on the site I can add it as a comment.
Overnight Mac and Cheese
Bekah’s mom made this recipe from barefoot contessa for thanksgiving in 2021. The unique feature is that the mac and cheese sits overnight so the pasta absorbs more of the cheese flavors. Ingredients 8 ounces elbow macaroni or cavatappi 3 cups heavy cream 2 cups grated Gruyere, divided 1 cup...
- side dish
Christmas Tree Artichoke Dip Twist
We had fun making this holiday treat. There are recipes that include an artichoke dip recipe but Costco has a pre-made mix we like to use. Ingredients Store bought pizza dough Store bought artichoke dip Melted butter Directions Lay pizza dough out as a rectangle and cut two lines to...
Comment using Comment Parade
You can also use Comment Parade to create a guest post via Quill.