Ethiopian Firfir with Eggs
When we get Ethiopian food, there’s often leftover injera bread. I like to freeze the leftover bread to make Firfir. There are lots of variations on this dish but here is the latest way I’ve made it.
My recipe is in no way traditional. I used the following recipes as inspiration. Please let me know if you have another, more authentic recommendation.
- Ethiopian Firfir with Dried Beef (allrecipes.com)
- Ethiopian Huevos Rancheros (unfussyepicure.com)
- Quanta Firfir Recipe (ethiopianfoodguide.com)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 2 Eggs
- Approximately 2 cups of Injera (chopped or torn into medium pieces)
- 1/2 an onion (Sweet or red, diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of berbere spice
- Clarified butter
- Cucumber (cut into spears)
- Cook onions in a little oil in a saute pan
- Add garlic and cook a minute more
- Add tomatoes berbere, mix, and simmer for about 10 minutes until it forms a sauce
- Add injera pieces and clarified butter
- In a separate dish cook eggs (I prefer over-easy)
- Serve topped with eggs and sides of beans and cucumber spears
See how responses are collected...
Respond from another site
Responses are collected from posts on other sites. Have you posted somewhere that links to this page? If so, share the link!
Respond via email
If you'd prefer to message me directly, send an email. If you'd also like your message to be visible on the site I can add it as a comment.
Cream Cheese Slow Cooker Chicken
This is a really easy slow cooker meal that requires very little prep. The initial ingredients can all go directly in the slow cooker. Summary Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 4-6 hours (slow cooker) Servings: 8-ish Ingredients 2 boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen) 1 can of corn (drained)...
- slow cooker
Hoesterey family recipe from Betty Moran (friend of Bekah’s Noonie) Summary Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: 12 tassies Base Ingredients 1 cup flour 1 3oz pkg cream cheese 1/2 c butter Base Directions Soften butter & cream cheese Blend Add flour Shape into 12 balls Press...
- family recipe
Comment using Comment Parade
You can also use Comment Parade to create a guest post via Quill.