Teriyaki Chicken Noodles
Inspired by Nadiya Hussain
This recipe is in metric because it was inspired by one in “Nadia Bakes” from 2015 winner of The Great British Bake Off, Nadiya Hussain. I’ve added a bit more water and toned down the spice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus marinade time)
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 350ml hot water
- 30g soft brown sugar
- 150ml dark soy sauce
- 15g ginger (1 tablespoon), not peeled, finely grated
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1–2 tsp chilli flakes (optional, or adjust to your taste)
- 5 boneless chicken thighs
- 225g instant vermicelli noodles (5 nests)
- a small handful of coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large red chilli or other pepper, sliced
- sesame seeds, black and white
- Make the marinade by mixing the hot water and brown sugar in a medium roasting dish, stirring to allow the sugar to melt.
- Add the soy, ginger, garlic and chilli and mix well.
- Add the chicken and ideally leave to marinate for 30 minutes to a day.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken pieces from roasting dish, leaving the marinade behind.
- Add the 5 nests of noodles, flipping them to coat in the liquid. If necessary, add up to another 300ml of hot water.
- Add the pepper slices and shredded carrots and top with the chicken before returning to the oven for 10 minutes to allow the noodles to absorb all that moisture.
- Remove and garnish with the coriander, spring onions, red chilli and sesame seeds before serving
See how responses are collected...
Respond from another site
Responses are collected from posts on other sites. Have you posted somewhere that links to this page? If so, share the link!
Respond via email
If you'd prefer to message me directly, send an email. If you'd also like your message to be visible on the site I can add it as a comment.
Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
A tasty recipe modified from the Half Baked Harvest. We’ve toned down the spice and sometimes keep the spices separate to keep things mild for Bekah. See the original recipe for a creamy jalapeno sauce. Summary Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 6 Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds...
Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
We started making this recipe as a traditional stuffed pepper, with the filling placed inside the pepper. However, it was difficult to get the peppers cooked enough and the filling didn’t want to stay inside the pepper anyway. So we tried making it as more of a casserole instead which...
Comment using Comment Parade
You can also use Comment Parade to create a guest post via Quill.