We have really liked this recipe from Half Baked Harvest but wanted some more meat so we’ve adjusted the proportions.
Ingredients Note: If using fresh oregano, double the amount. Also, the ingredients list is auto-generated and doesn’t merge ingredients that are used multiple times so read the whole list.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1.5 lb chicken
- 2 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice lemon
- 2 shredded zucchini
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dill
- 8 oz feta
- arugula or a side salad
- Add the chicken, shallot, 2 cloves of garlic, oregano, paprika, and a pinch of red pepper, salt, and black pepper to a bowl.
- Mix until it starts to combine. Coat your hands with a bit of oil, roll the meat into tablespoon-size balls (will make about 20-25 meatballs).
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the meatballs and sear until crisp and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, turning them 2-3 times. Be careful not to crowd the meatballs, so do two batches if necessary.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, transfer them to a plate. If the pan is dirty give it a quick rinse with hot water.
- To the same skillet, add the butter and lemon slices, searing the lemon until golden on each side, about 1 minute.
- Remove the lemon from the pan and add to the plate with the meatballs.
- To the same skillet, add 1 clove garlic and the orzo.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the orzo toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the 2 1/2 cups water and 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice lemon.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini and dill. Slide the meatballs back into the skillet and cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, make the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the reserved sun-dried tomato oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and the balsamic vinegar until combined. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon dill, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- To make the feta. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, spread the feta onto plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Add the orzo, seared lemons, and meatballs. Can add arugula or a side salad.
Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
We started making this recipe as a traditional stuffed pepper, with the filling placed inside the pepper. However, it was difficult to get the peppers cooked enough and the filling didn’t want to stay inside the pepper anyway. So we tried making it as more of a casserole instead which...