We originally got this recipe from Recipes that Crock. It can be done in a slow cooker but we like to make this in the pressure cooker. I’d also recommend keeping some extra beef broth on hand in case you want it soupier after the rice absorbs the liquid.
A similar recipe to check out would be my Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup diced onion (1 small onion)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1.5-2 lb ground beef
- 14.5 oz (1 can) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, garlic
- 2 cups chopped red peppers
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 avocado
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice an onion and saute in some olive oil with minced garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, dice the peppers and open the cans.
- Drain most of the liquid from the beef and onions before adding the diced tomatoes (juice included), diced peppers, tomato sauce, beef broth, basil, and oregano.
- Cover and cook in the pressure cooker on high for 25 minutes or on low in slow cooker for 6-8 hours.
- Start cooking rice (could try cooking with the soup).
- Serve the soup over rice and top with avocado slices and cheddar cheese.
See how to respond...
View more recipes
This recipe was shared by Bekah’s mom from an apple shaped recipe book. We’ve increased the proportions on the topper by 50% because who doesn’t want more topping? Summary Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6 Ingredients 1 1/2 cup flour 1 1/2 cup quick oatmeal, uncooked...